How to wash your hands properly. Information and a poster you can download.
Knowing how to wash your hands properly and then doing so is one of the best ways to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Help control the spread of coronavirus by putting this poster up at your place of work.
Click this link below, download, print and display the poster.
Regular hand washing is one of the best things to do to prevent the spread of viruses and germs. Therefore it is important to wash hands regularly and with the proper technique.
Most people do not know how to wash their hands correctly to ensure that they stand the best chance of removing all traces of the virus. Encourage your staff and colleagues, friends and family to learn this technique and use it regularly throughout out the day.
What else can you do to help control the spread of Coronavirus
- Don’t touch your face especially nose, mouth or eyes unless you have washed your hands thoroughly
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the crook of your arm so you do not cough straight onto your hands
- Put any tissues or face wipes into the bin immediately and wash you hands immediately
- Flat surfaces should be regularly wiped with disinfectant – desks, counters, work tops. Soap and water is good enough for your hands so it will be good enough for you desk if you do not have disinfectant.
- Make masks or at least tissues are readily available for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work.
Here is a link to the NHS page showing you how to wash your hands with the correct method. Best way to wash your hands
Here is a link the the World Health Organisation page containing lots of useful information – WHO Coronavirus advice for the public
Inspiration for our poster came from the Safety First Aid Group suppliers of first aid and safety equipment and supplies.
Please feel free to share this blog and poster so more people can benefit from this information and we can all work together to minimise the risk of spreading this disease.