February 7, 2022
It’s officially that time of year again and some of you may be worrying about the upcoming MOT Tester Training and Exam deadline. So we’ve created this simple infographic to highlight our Top 5 Tips to help you pass your MOT Annual Assessment 2021-22 first time!
Click on the image for each point, or scroll down to find out more…
Every year, the DVSA set topics that will be in that years’ Annual Assessment. These topics should be covered in your 3 hours Annual DVSA Training. Do you know what’s in this years Annual Training Curriculum?
The MOT Juice Annual DVSA Training modules cover all these topics, as well as refreshing your memory on previous years’ topics.
Only 66% of the Annual Assessment will be based on this years’ Annual Training topics. The other 34% of the Annual Exam is based on special notices, updates to the testing scheme, previous year’s topics and general practicing procedures, all of which come under Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
MOT Juice has got you covered with a new CPD module every month, explaining any changes to the testing scheme, as well as best practice advice.
As the Annual MOT Assessment is an “open book” exam, you are allowed to consult the MOT inspection guide and other useful resources during the exam.
Make sure you have the following sites open in a different tab or device whilst you are taking your exam:
Practice pressing the “Control” and “F” keys on your keyboard at the same time when you are in the Testing Guide to search for a specific keyword, and use the “Search” function in the Inspection Manual.
Regarding the new Training Test – the likelihood is that you test regularly and know your way around the MTS defects pages. There, you have your links to the right place in the manual – again this year, there is an emphasis on defect categories (Minor/Major etc). At the foot of the page you have your link to Special Notices, and more.
Take your time and don’t rush. Read the questions carefully.
Read the answers carefully too. There is usually 1 question that is close to the correct answer which is a red herring.
The MOT Tester Annual Exam is now only 60 minutes long which can cause a lot of unnecessary panic, especially if you need to refer to the manuals to find the answers. You can also no longer pause the exam, as you could in previous years.
30 questions in 60 minutes is an average of 2 minutes per question. Keep an eye on the clock, and if you’ve done 15 questions in 30 minutes, you should be ok. If not, you need to speed up a bit!
The MOT Juice Mock Exam allows you to choose whether you want to do a Mock Exam with the Timer on, or not. Make sure you can get through 30 questions in 60 minutes by taking a Free Mock Exam (with the Timer on) first.